This 3 to 5 days workshop will provide students with an opportunity to gaining hands-on experience and understanding of the programmability capabilities and tools of Cisco Nexus 9000 stand-alone solution from a design and deployment prospective. The workshop consists of theory and hands-on labs, followed by App development exercise using NX-OS APIs.
Upon completion of this course, trainees should be able to understand:
- How to write scripts in Python, use the interactive shell, and run scripts on the N9K
- How to use JSON and XML, as well as YAML for Python and N9K (N9K Sandbox)
- Usage of NX-API and leveraging output data with Python
- REST API through Postman and Firefox REST Client
- How to utilize Linux Containers for Puppet and Chef automation tools
- NX-OS/N9K App development and integration